As a plumber, the term structured data may not ring a bell, but it’s essential for your SEO in 2021. Users who visit your plumbing website see visible text to inform them about your services, location, contact information, and more. However, search engines (like Google) see something the users don’t see, which is structured data. Implementing structured data or schema markup (a type of structured data) onto your plumbing website helps it better communicate its function to Google and also allows it to feature rich snippets on Google SERPs.
What is Structured Data for Plumbing Contractors?
According to Google, structured data is a standardized format for providing information about a page and classifying the page content.
How Structured Data Helps Plumbers in 2021
SEO is all about getting results for plumbing companies, and structured data contributes to visibility, conversions, and engagement. While Google says structured data is not a direct ranking factor, let’s check out some of the ways that it can help your plumbing website and plumbing business succeed:
- Conversion Rate Optimization: Appeal to the user early by making a great first impression
- Decreased Bounce Rate: By eliminating ambiguity about your services, irrelevant users won’t click, and therefore a lower rate of users will exit immediately upon arrival
- Increased CTR: By creating a more informative result, a higher rate of users will click the link
- Traffic Relevance: In concert with CTR and bounce rate, more relevant users will enter your site
What is Schema Markup for Plumbers?
Schema markup is Google’s preferred vocabulary for structured data and allows search engines to present rich snippets in search results. Plumbers may hear the terms structured data and schema markup used interchangeably as schema markup is a form of structured data.
What Content Should Plumbers Markup?
If you’re unfamiliar with the process of structured data markup, it is the implementation of microdata tags within the source code for your website. The goal is for search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing to better understand the content on your pages. In plumbing contractors, you will want to markup individual services, and depending on your circumstance, customer testimonials. Examples of this include:
- Company Reviews: If you have positive reviews, marking them up can be suitable for marketing
- Garbage Disposal Repair: Individual services should be marked up using microdata tags
- Leak Detection: Categorize your services as clearly as possible to market them best
- Residential Plumbing: If you serve both residential and commercial properties, breaking them into separate categories and marking them up with structured data is useful
Data markup is all about creating an optimal first impression. Imagine a user searching for “garbage disposal repair near me.” Your result that displays their desired service will indicate to them that you can meet their service needs. When you accompany that with an aggregate rating of your recent reviews, you had just established convenience and trust before the user ever entered your site.
Can Plumbing Contractors Install Structured Data?
Though Google offers a structured data markup helper for amateur web developers, Contractor Webmasters highly recommends using professional web designers to install structured data into your source code. When implementing complex microdata, several things can go wrong with a novice approach. Our expert web designers have years of experience marking up data for plumbing websites.
If you are worried about the price of our services, don’t be. At Contractor Webmasters, we get the job done. We will mark up all of your website data and optimize your website for Google. As one of the cheapest SEO companies in the marketplace, we ensure our clients get excellent services at an affordable rate.