What is AreaServed Schema?
AreaServed schema is a microdata qualifier that allows websites to display links for specific areas in which their services are offered. This helps Google properly interpret and market your service areas after crawling your website. Take, for example, a contractor working in Dallas / Fort Worth. Not only should that contractor market to both Dallas and Fort Worth. but to many of the smaller cities in the surrounding area. To best market these individual cities, web designers will implement the areaserved microdata.
As with other types of schema, areaserved microdata can affect the presentation of your search result on Google SERPs. At Contractor Webmasters, we like to think of your search result as our first marketing opportunity. By displaying links to multiple cities, residents in those respective locations can be made immediately aware that you are a geographical match. You have appealed to a potential customer before they ever visited your site. Call 800-775-1250 for areaserved schema markup services.
Determining Service Areas
How should contractors decide which areas to market their services? There are several steps you can take to make that determination. First, you will want to review your recent service history, and look over the locations that you visit regularly. With that information in hand, you will want to study the following qualities of cities:
- Distance: How many miles will you, or your workers, have to travel to reach this destination?
- Demand: How many people in this city, on average, will require a service like yours, per month?
- Supply: How many companies like yours already service this area, and rank well on Google?
- ROI: Using answers to the previous questions, determine the potential return on investment for servicing the area
Remember, our objective is to generate leads. You will never pay a fee for our implementation of areaserved schema. What we must discuss with you however, is practicality. We don’t want to generate leads from locations that you can’t realistically service in a timely manner. That’s why we coordinate our marketing reach with your specific company resources. Since we are paid only when leads are generated, we will work together for a common goal that benefits both parties.
Scaling Your Contracting Business
To properly scale your business for geographical expansion, you must go over the financial components of your company. You’ll want to generate finance reports for the past year, including quarterly, and monthly sub-reports. With all that information in front of you, you must determine the following:
- Budget: How much money can you spend on expansion this year, this month, and this quarter?
- Employees: How many additional employees can you afford to bring on, in order to meet the demand for a greater service area?
- Projection: How does the addition of employees, within the set budget, project financially for your company over the next year, month, and quarter?
In order to scale your business, you must have a concrete understanding of your financial situation. If you are not ready to increase the scope of your business, you can still work with Contractor Webmasters. We work with businesses of all sizes. If you are only able to start with a few cities, we will optimize for those, and you will pay only when leads are generated. Call 800-775-1250 for areaserved schema markup for your contractor website.