What is Plumbing Website Content?
Plumbing website content is text, video, or other media that appears on a web page. Writing quality content is important for plumbing SEO purposes since Google ranks pages largely based on their quality. When writing content for plumbers, other factors are structure, grammar, on-page optimization, and internal linking.
Content Writing for Plumbing Websites
If you are a plumbing company looking to market your services online, well-written web content is critical. Most plumbers understand that ranking well on Google directly translates to lead generation, but there is some confusion about accomplishing that task. Unbeknownst to many, web content influences the following marketing factors:
- Brand Development: Content influences perception and helps dictate authority, reputation, and credibility within the plumbing industry
- CRO: Conversion rates are optimized when the reader is led through the conversion funnel through well-written and informative content that explains the value of services
- Relevance: Generating traffic is one thing; generating traffic that holds value to your company is quite another — relevant traffic with high conversion potential produces leads for plumbers
- SEO: Google prioritizes websites with well-written content intended to inform the user and not manipulate them, and that priority is reflected in search rankings
The content reflects your plumbing company, so poor grammar and ineffective messaging can reflect poorly on your services. While the objective of website content is to rank on Google and generate clicks, the ultimate goal is to convert those clicks into customers. Conversion is only possible with content written directly for the users and that which satisfies user intent.
What Constitutes Well-Written Plumbing Content?
There are many plumbing websites on the internet, but what differentiates them in terms of content? Google offers us some insight on this subject through its quality guidelines. Some of the factors that determine the quality of web content include:
- Engagement: Web pages that engage users with thoughtful, informative writing
- Intent: Content is written and presented to inform the user rather than manipulate search engines
- Originality: Pages that present unique information to search engine users
- Value: Web pages that satisfy the search engines’ pursuit of relevant information
Google clearly outlines what bad content looks like. You might wonder what good content looks like, however. We know that content written by an industry authority takes precedence over basic, novice content. However, we also know that content refined for SEO ranks better on search engines. Finding the balance between those two ideas is the key to dominating content marketing in 2022.
Original vs. Scraped Content
Some plumbing websites decide to scrape their content from other sources. In some cases, this is as blatant as copying and pasting paragraphs from other pages, which would fall under the penalty of plagiarism.
In other cases, it is more subtle, like taking old blog posts (from your own company) and repackaging them as web pages. While this isn’t against guidelines, it can create duplicate content problems for your website.
Besides scraped content, automated content can also be damaging to your website. Artificial intelligence has come a long way but hasn’t come long enough to present easily readable sentences and paragraphs. Readers will notice that the words’ tone and/or syntax seem robotic and artificial.
Automated content is known as spun content, significantly reducing your chances of ranking on Google Search. Additionally, it lowers conversion rates by annoying users who read incoherent sentences.
Google Helpful Content Update
Google released a major algorithm update in August 2022 called the Helpful Content Update. This update targets low-value content, including AI-generate content that does not meet the user’s needs. Plumbing companies often post unhelpful blog posts and city pages on their websites which may dilute the site’s quality. As a result, focus on crafting high-quality, helpful content for your target consumers.