What Is Schema Markup?
Schema Markup refers to structured data coding that follows a specific microdata vocabulary known as schema.org. This vocabulary was developed as a joint venture between Google, Yahoo, and Bing to help search engines better understand and market website content. Contractor Webmasters implements schema.org on each client website for the following reasons:
- Conversion Rate Optimization: Increase your conversion percentage by appealing to more users, specifically relevant ones with buyer intent
- Search Optimization: Increase click through rate and decrease bounce rate, a combination that enhances SEO
- SERP Presentation: Present a more appealing listing on Google search results pages
- Traffic Relevance: Attract relevant users which decreases bounce rate and increases CRO
Because schema.org is a project affiliated with Google, implementing as a part of your online marketing strategy is an easy decision. Contractor Webmasters is a pay per lead company, which makes our motivation entirely based on lead generation. The only time you pay us a fee, is when leads are generated. Our experience marketing for contractors has given us the expertise to incorporate schema.org into each of our clients websites. Call 800-775-1250 for schema markup from Contractor Webmasters.
Google offers a Structured Data Markup Helper to keep websites on an even playing field. It would be a shame if companies with the most marketing resources, capital, etc. were able to buy their way into more appealing search results. This would threaten the legitimacy of search engines, as organic results would more closely resemble pay per click. Contractor Webmasters helps fight against that as well by offering our structure data markup services, with zero upfront payment. Pay only when leads are generated.
There are several types of content categories that can be marked up with schema.org. As a contractor, you will not be interested in many of them and your website will have no use for them. Things like Movies, TV Episodes, and Book Reviews apply to opinion editorial driven sites. Instead, your focus will be on the products/services category. Here you can break down your individual services (i.e. residential, commercial, repair, restoration, etc.) and reach niche markets through organic search.
Does Schema Markup Affect Search Rankings?
There is no legitimate indication that schema markup directly influences search rankings. Google has never released an official statement declaring that it does, nor has any of the algorithm updates directly addressed the issue. With that said, data markup undoubtedly enhances SEO in an indirect manner, if nothing else. Some of the ways schema.org contributes to SEO include:
- Bounce Rate Decrease: More detailed search results means less users will visit your site out of curiosity, and therefore less will exit immediately — bounce rate is known to influence search rankings
- CTR Increase: Results that display rich snippets are known to increase click through rate, a metric which directly influences search rankings
- Rich Snippets: The enhancement of your result with the aforementioned rich snippets (additional info that accompanies your search result) markets your website more effectively
Though rich snippets have technically been around since 2009, there is still great opportunity to acquire them for high volume keywords, particularly in the contractor industry. If you can create a more appealing search result with rich snippets, you can start your marketing and conversion process before a user ever enters your website. Call 800-775-1250 for schema markup services.