What is SEO for Carpenters?
SEO for carpenters is search engine optimization implemented on behalf of local carpenters. The process may include refining on-page title tags, meta descriptions, keyword density, publishing new content, targeting additional keywords, and enhancing local reputation.
Why Carpenters Can Benefit from Search Engine Optimization
It’s never too early to start thinking about the future. And if you are a carpenter and haven’t implemented an SEO strategy to help get your website noticed, now is the time to take action. SEO can have a massive impact on the success of your business.
The right SEO strategy will not only help you generate more leads (a must in the trades), but it will establish you as an authority in your local market. SEO can also help convert more leads and generate more sales. But there are many facets to SEO; not all carpenters are marketing whizzes.
But you don’t have to be a digital marketing savant to understand the concepts behind some of the most important aspects of SEO. If you want your business to thrive in the digital age, you must know these concepts.
If you are looking to expand your already successful carpentry or handyman business, there are some strategies that you should be implementing. We will cover this and more in the following SEO for carpenters guide.
Why is SEO Important in the First Place?
Have you ever searched for a business “near you” on Google or Bing? If you have, then you probably didn’t waste too much time clicking on a result. You more than likely clicked one or two or maybe even three of the top-listed results, right?
You probably didn’t waste too much time going lower on the list or clicking the results’ 2nd page. Only a tiny percentage of search engine users ever do. So have you ever wondered how search engines determine which results get displayed at the top of Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs)?
That has everything to do with SEO. Search engines always try to index the most relevant results based on the user’s unique search phrase. They use specific criteria to determine which results are most appropriate.
SEO is essentially the practice of making your website, business listing, or social media profile as relevant as possible. And why is that important? Because more clicks onto your website mean more leads. And more leads mean more potential sales.
SEO for carpenters has replaced physical mailers and, in some cases, even word-of-mouth referrals. It helps your business get noticed, which is essential in the trades.
Which SEO for Carpenters Strategy Should you be Using?
Now that you know how SEO can impact your carpentry business, it’s time to consider the routes you can take to rank higher on SERPs. Here are the least dispensable SEO strategies for carpenters and handymen businesses specifically:
- Register on Google Business Profile: Google Business Profile (GBP) is one of the most practical SEO tools you could use. Consider GBP like your hammer as a carpenter. Registering your business on GMB will help you break into the local three-pack. The local three-pack is what shows up whenever someone searched “(blank) near me.” It usually includes 3 of the top results for businesses in the area the searcher happens to be. And according to a Bright Local study, 64% of surveyed consumers reported using GBP to find local businesses in their area. So, the big question is, “will your business turn up when someone searches’ carpenters near me”?
- Keyword Implementation: You may be wondering how search engines precisely determine the relevancy of a website to a specific search. Web page crawlers look for several signals when indexing pages for users, but keywords are the most important. Keywords are the easiest way for web page crawlers to index websites. As a carpenter, doing some keyword research to find out which words and phrases people interested in carpentry/handyman work are using to find businesses is essential. Once you know the top-rated keywords, you can begin to implement them in your website’s copy (written content).
- Low-Competition Keywords: We mentioned top-rated keywords in the last point, but top-rated keywords are top-rated for a reason: everyone uses them. High-volume keywords are great, except for the fact that these keywords tend to be highly competitive. In other words, there is likely a host of other carpentry and handyman businesses out there using the same keywords in hopes of ranking higher in SERPs. The difficulty is why ranking for lower competition keywords can be especially helpful. It may seem intuitive to use lesser-known keywords to rank higher, but it can quickly boost web traffic. Think of it as zigging while everyone else zags.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is quickly becoming the number one priority of professional agencies because it simply works. Content marketing can boost your web traffic and lead generation and help establish your website authority. Content marketing includes blogs related to your industry/market, how-to guides, white papers, video content, and more.
- Reputation Management: Regarding carpentry, reputation management boils down to online reviews. What is your business’s aggregate customer rating on Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google Business Profile? Are you getting enough reviews so that people can get accurate information about your business before becoming a customer? Are your current reviews being leveraged to generate more reviews? Online reviews are essential to your business’s success on the digital front, so these are all questions you need to ask yourself.
The Contractor Webmasters’ Advantage
It can be a lot to take in, especially when running a full-time business. But that’s why we have tailored our SEO and digital marketing services to carpenters and handymen, specifically here at Contractor Webmasters. We can offer you an all-in-one solution to SEO for carpenters and digital marketing and help you reach the top of the SERP rankings. Let us be your SEO partners.