If you are unfamiliar with the concept of structured data markup, you should read our page on schema.org. Basically what it does, is help search engines better understand website content. For contractors, one aspect of a website that you want search engines to understand, is the services offered. As a plumber this might be things like faucet and garbage disposal repair, while for roofers it might be things like shingle and tile roof repair. Regardless of your industry, you want services to be marketed properly for the following reasons:
- Market Expansion: Do you want to be known, for example, as the best plumber, or the best faucet repair plumber, garbage disposal repair plumber, etc.?
- Search Engine Optimization: There is some disagreement about the significance of schema.org for SEO, but one thing is for certain, it makes your search result more appealing
- Traffic Relevance: By optimally marketing individual services, you can attract the most relevant users with the highest chance of conversion
Marketing individual services to search engines helps them market those same ones to users. The greater the relevance of a website visitor to the services you offer, the higher the chance of converting the visitor into a real tangible customer. At Contractor Webmasters we focus on lead generation. Our agreement with each contractor is pay per lead. This means you will pay only when leads are generated. Call 800-775-1250 for service offered schema markup.
Creating a List of Services
Contractors across the industry can break their services down into categories. Regardless of if you are a large scale business, are a one man company, there are ways to organize your marketing strategy. Generally speaking, you’ll want to break services down into 3 tiers. Some good examples would be
- HVAC Services – Heating Services – Furnace Repair
- Plumbing Services – Residential Plumbing Services – Garbage Disposal Repair
- Roofing Services – Commercial Roofing Services – TPO Roof Coatings
Regardless of your industry, you can get a feel for how you want to categorize your content. In the context of on page SEO, each of the services you list will be their own page. By combining SEO with schema, you are creating the ultimate search engine result for user experience. Searchers who know what they want will be able to find you more easily, and be intrigued when they see your result.
Marking Up Services
There is actually some confusion on how contractors can markup services on their website. Unlike areaserved schema, which has its own individual microdata category on schema.org, “services” is not listed as a verbatim category. Contractor Webmasters provides a solutions which can be reviewed below:
- Step 1: Based on schema.org categories, choose a general service type for your website, i.e. plumber, roofingcontractor, hvacbusiness, etc.
- Step 2: List your individual services using the offercatelog microdata from schema.org
- Step 3: Add the microdata to your source code using Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper
Contractor Webmasters strongly advises contractors to allow our professional web designers to implement the code. We require zero upfront payment for our schema markup services, so it won’t affect your bank account. Your company pays if and when leads are generated, and only then. Allow our experts to flawlessly market your services using the offercatelog schema. Call 800-775-1250 for service offered schema markup.