Do Contractors Need a Brand?
Whether you are an independent contractor, belong to a small group of colleagues, or work for a larger contracting company, you always represent a brand. Think of it as a presentation of your ideals. As an independent contractor, those ideals will be your own, if part of a larger team, ideals will be a collective representation of the group. Contractors need to establish a brand for the following reasons:
- Presentation: When you interact with customers, other business, etc., you will want to have an identity that exudes professionalism and class
- Recognition: Branding make it easier for customers to recall your business name, logo, and other important qualities
- Reputation: When customers see your logo, you want them to think quality, ethics, and affordability
Without the luxury of massive marketing campaigns, expensive logo designers, and extensive merchandising, small businesses must rely on more strategic business development. Contractor Webmasters offers branding services as part of our pay per lead marketing. You pay zero up-front for brand development, and only pay if and when leads are generated. Call 800-775-1250 for our exclusive branding services.
Elements of Brand
As a contractor, several different elements will combine to make up the perception of your company. Your ideals, of course, should be represented accurately, but through which sources will your ideals tangibly be presented? The tangible elements that shape business perception include:
- Business Name: Whether you are an individual or group, your business name should represent your services in a concise but informative matter — you will use this name or some variation as your website domain name
- Company Logo: Every brand needs a logo, and Contractor Webmasters designs logos for contractors
- Color Scheme: Part of your logo will be color scheme, which should be consistent on business cards and website design
- Mission Statement: A paragraph or so about the intent of your services and what separates you from other companies
Your characteristics and ideals are the basis of your business, but the above qualities are the tangible mediums through which those characteristics are presented. In this case, the importance of consistency cannot be understated. Ensuring that each social media profile, NAP listing, business card, etc., have the same logo and mission statement is critical for both customer acquisition and retention. The primary objective is to generate leads.
Branding for Common Values
Brands are not palpable. They live existentially in the mind of the customer. An estimated 64% of consumers cite shared values as the reason they have a relationship with a brand. So what exactly are shared values? For example; ethics, honesty, and reliability are three values that many customers aspire to relate to. If they see themselves as ethical, honest, and reliable, they are very likely to associate with a company that encompasses those same values.
Trust is one of the most important factors in marketing. And in that regard, breaking trust can be a devastating blow to your business. At Contractor Webmasters, our services aim to generate leads for our clients. In fact, there is no up-front cost to our services. You only pay us when leads are generated as a result of our campaigns. We do everything in our power to present your company as the industry image for trust and reputation. Call 800-775-1250 for small business branding services.