As a plumber, most of your business will originate in your local service area. After all, you can’t logistically serve a customer who lives hundreds of miles away. It’s for that reason, that local leads are the lifeblood of plumbing services across the country. In 2017, generating those local leads is done primarily through local search engine optimization. This consists of:
- Directory Listings: Claiming and optimizing listings on Google My Business, BBB, and other business directories
- Local Keyword Research: Performing research on local and industry keywords and combining them within web content
- NAP Information: Displaying your name, address, and phone number in your website’s footer
- Online Review Generation: Soliciting and managing reviews on websites like Yelp, Facebook, GMB, and more
Many marketing companies offer local SEO. Contractor Webmasters differentiates from those by offering our services on a pay per lead basis. What that means is there is no upfront payment for local search optimization services. We will handle all the above services without receiving payment. It is not until leads are generated, that your plumbing company will be required to pay. For plumbing company local SEO, give us a call at 800-775-1250.
Top Directory Listings for Plumbers
If you are wondering which directory listings should be given priority to plumbers, you have come to the right place. After years of working with plumbing companies just like yours, we have come to understand the most useful directories for your particular industry. Check out some of the below:
- Google My Business: GMB is the most important listing regardless of industry, and that holds true for plumbers
- Better Business Bureau: When people want to inform themselves about the reputation and credibility of a business, they think of BBB
- HomeAdvisor: This directory is important to plumbers because it is a niche website for home service contractors
- Yelp: Because of consumers reliance on this directory for business reviews, Yelp becomes important for contractors
There are more directory listings to claim and optimize as well, but the four above will help establish your company right off the bat. By associating yourself with these websites, you have given your plumbing business instant credibility. Since this is an important element of local
SEO, you should start to see a translation into leads in the near future.
How Plumbers Should Manage Reputation
Reviews are a popular commodity on the internet today. Whether it’s directories like Google My Business or Yelp, or social media networks like Facebook, and LinkedIn, opinions about specific companies are easier to find than ever before. Plumbers must be vigilant in defending their reputation. It’s for this reason that Contractor Webmasters offers reputation management as part of our pay per lead marketing services. We will generate and monitor reviews of your company.
Many contractors view negative reviews as a death sentence, when they don’t have to be. Think about these reviews in a different context. Each of them can serve as a PR opportunity if handled correctly. The phrase “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” can be true here, if these complaints are responded to in a professional manner, and the dispute is resolved amicably. This and other factors combine to make up local search optimization. Call 800-775-1250 for plumbing company local SEO.