There is a constant demand for movers across the nation. People are always moving around, whether it’s state to state, or city to city. The question for moving companies is how to most efficiently meet that demand and acquire as many new customers as possible. The key to marketing your services is local search optimization. Local SEO refers to:
- Keyword Placement: The research and implementation of local keywords
- NAP Listings: The claiming and optimizing of citation sources throughout the web
- Reputation Management: The monitoring of, and response to, online reviews
- Website Functionality: The cross-device usability of a website, particularly on mobile
Google states that local rankings are determined by relevance, distance, and prominence. Distance is something outside of your control. The other two factors, relevance and prominence can both be improved over time. By becoming more visible online, your moving company will gain authority and begin to establish a local brand. Call 800-775-1250 for moving company local SEO.
Google My Business for Moving Companies
The fastest way to establish local relevance is through a well optimized Google My Business page. If you have not claimed your business page, now would be the time to do so by visiting google.com/business. Once you have claimed your business (or created it if it wasn’t there), it is time to optimize it for SEO. To optimize your Google My Business page, you should:
- Complete 100% of Profile: Make sure every aspect of your profile is filled out
- Ensure NAP Accuracy: Make sure name, address, and phone number are all accurate and consistent with other business listings around the web
- Select a Category: Make sure your business category is as accurate as possible (i.e. “moving company”)
- Upload Photos: Make sure your company logo is in the appropriate place and add company photos as well
Google My Business is the most important citation source for moving companies. It’s relationship with the number one search engine in the world makes it the most efficient way to influence SEO. Furthermore, GMB profiles are connected with Google Reviews. The aggregate rating based on these reviews is displayed on search results for your company name. This makes reputation management a top priority.
Handling Negative Moving Company Reviews
Negative reviews actually serve as a PR opportunity for movers. Instead of responding emotionally, you should compose yourself and respond in a professional manner. Not only does this disarm the angry customer but it shows other potential customers that you are willing to acknowledge the complaint and work to resolve it. Generating lots of reviews will also help because, in most cases, the good ones will drown out the bad ones.
A bad review will not destroy your business, as long as you follow good reputation management protocol. Contractor Webmasters includes reputation management in our pay per lead services. You only pay for leads produced from marketing efforts, and additional services like this, are free of charge. We work with your company to resolve any negative reviews from customers. Call 800-775-1250 for moving company local SEO services.