To rank on local search results, you’ll need a consistent, location-specific, approach to search engine optimization. For HVAC contractors, the objective is generating local leads that can be converted into new customers. To reach the local demographic, you will need to implement a local search optimization campaign. Some of the pillars of strong local optimization are:
- Local Keywords: Using keyword research tools to discover opportunistic local phrases
- Mobile Usability: The optimal presentation of your website on mobile devices
- NAP Consistency: The consistent listings of your contact information throughout directories
- Online Reviews: The existence of, and response to, online company reviews
Your online reputation is largely dependent on the effectiveness of your local SEO, and vice versa. For Google to find you as a credible business, you must present yourself as one through the internet. That means places like Google My Business, Yelp, Facebook, and Better Business Bureau. Call 800-775-1250 for HVAC Local SEO services.
The Importance of Responsive Design for Local SEO
Having a mobile friendly website should not be a point of discussion anymore, it should be a given. Google recommends using responsive design which will allow your website to display optimally, regardless of if it is being accessed on mobile, desktop or tablet. Some of the primary benefits of using responsive design for your HVAC website include:
- Crawling and Indexing: RD makes it easier for Google and other search engines to crawl and index your pages
- Ease of Design: Assuming you use a professional web designer, responsive sites take less time to finish
- Link Sharing: The ability to share links cross platform (i.e. from social media app to desktop email) is simple with RD
- Site Speed Optimization: By not having to access a separate mobile site, your pages will load much faster
Since most users today will now access your website from a mobile device, responsive design is a no-brainer. When the search engine which controls your destiny publicly recommends its use, there is nothing left to do but implement it. Contractor Webmasters has an elite team of web designers, each experienced in designing responsive websites with mobile-first presentation. Don’t take our word for it though, since you only pay once leads are produced.
Dealing With Negative HVAC Reviews
Some HVAC contractors mistakenly believe that negative reviews are a death sentence for their online reputation. This is absolutely false. There are some things that can be done to combat those negative reviews and minimize any ill-effect they have on your local search presence. First, generate as many reviews as possible, since lots of good ones will drown out a few bad ones. Second, respond to negative reviews in a professional manner which makes your company look like best.
In contrast, never pay for reviews. Google well penalize you for it. Secondly, never respond emotionally to a bad review. If you are visibly angry about the tone of the complaint, or perhaps the fact that it is mostly false, don’t let that influence your response. Instead, wait a while, take some deep breaths, and respond in a way that makes you look professional. Call 800-775-1250 for HVAC local SEO services.