Do Contractors Need Google My Business?
Without question. Google My Business is the single most important component of local SEO. Failure to claim and optimize your Google My Business page, effectively sabotages your local campaign. But why is GMB so important to local success? There are several reasons. They include:
- Brand Development: Searching your company name verbatim in Google search will likey return a rich snippet on the top right of the SERP — this will be your GMB profile and represent your brand
- Conversion Channel: Because of it’s affiliation with Google and Google Maps, listing your phone number, and linking your website and social profiles on GMB can create a high traffic channel that can lead to conversions
- Location Mapping: Your GMB profile is affiliated with Google Maps and helps potential customers locate your business
- Search Visibility: Local search queries return what is known as the local 3 pack, which is a condensed list of 3 GMB profiles that appear above traditional results
Your My Business page is, in fact, a business directory listing. But it’s importance is greater than an average citation. Google is the number one source for search volume in the world, and GMB is appropriately marketed as a result of that. The fastest and most effective way to establish your business in a local community is by claiming and optimizing your My Business profile. Call 800-775-1250 for Google My Business optimization and management.
Claiming Your GMB Page
Google instructs business owners on how to add or claim a business page. If you are using a desktop computer, you will want to follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Visit https://www.google.com/business
- Step 2: Search for your business by name and address
- Step 3: If you do not see your business listed, choose “No, these are not mine” or “I’ve correctly entered my info”
- Step 4: Enter your business information as prompted, including an accurate address and phone number
- Step 5: Press submit
If a dialog appears stating that someone else has already claimed your business, you may have previously claimed it using a different email address. Search your records for previous GMail accounts and try any that might have previously signed up for GMB. If all else fails, you can request access from the current listing manager.
Optimizing Your GMB Page
Once your listing has been added or claimed, you can begin to optimize your page. In addition to accurate and consistent NAP information, the page will require a company logo, business hours, business category, additional company images, introduction, business reviews (and responses), and accepted payments. That might seem like a lot to handle with all your responsibilities as a contractor. Luckily for you, Contractor Webmasters will manage all of it for you.
We are a pay per lead marketing company that requires no upfront payment for our services. We will claim and optimize your My Business page, free of charge. It is not until leads are generated as a result of our marketing services, that your company will be required to make a payment. We believe this business model works best for contractors. Why invest in “services” when the only true value to your company is leads. Call 800-775-1250 to discuss Google My Business Optimization and how it can help generate new leads for your company.