Contractor Webmasters offers Google Business Profile optimization services for contractors. GBP optimization involves claiming and refining profiles to boost Local Map 3-Pack rankings for relevant keywords. Google’s local algorithm uses proximity, relevance, and prominence to rank profiles, and the recent vicinity update also impacts ranking positions. Our Local SEO tool DataPins helps strengthen your Google Business Profile in 2022, through review acquisition and schema markup.
Do Contractors Need Google Business Profile?
Google Business Profile is the single most important component of local SEO. Failure to claim and optimize your Google Business Profile effectively sabotages your local campaign. But why is GPB so essential to local success? There are several reasons. They include:
- Brand Development: Searching your company name verbatim in Google search will likely return a rich snippet on the top right of the SERP — this will be your GMB profile and represent your brand
- Conversion Channel: Because of its affiliation with Google and Google Maps, listing your phone number, and linking your website and social profiles on GMB can create a high traffic channel that can lead to conversions
- Location Mapping: Your GMB profile is affiliated with Google Maps and helps potential customers locate your business
- Search Visibility: Local search queries return what is known as the local 3 pack, which is a condensed list of 3 GMB profiles that appear above traditional results
Your Business Profile is, in fact, a business directory listing. But its importance is greater than an average citation. Google is the number one source for search volume in the world, and GMB is appropriately marketed as a result of that. The fastest and most effective way to establish your business in a local community is by claiming and optimizing your Business Profile.
Claiming Your GMB Page
Google instructs business owners on how to add or claim a business page. If you are using a desktop computer, you will want to follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Visit https://www.google.com/business
- Step 2: Search for your business by name and address
- Step 3: If you do not see your business listed, choose “No, these are not mine” or “I’ve correctly entered my info”
- Step 4: Enter your business information as prompted, including an accurate address and phone number
- Step 5: Press submit
If a dialog appears stating that someone else has already claimed your business, you may have previously claimed it using a different email address. Search your records for previous GMail accounts and try any that might have previously signed up for GMB. If all else fails, you can request access from the current listing manager.
Optimizing Your Google Business Profile
Once your listing has been added or claimed, you can begin to optimize your page. In addition to accurate and consistent NAP information, the page will require a company logo, business hours, business category, additional company images, introduction, business reviews (and responses), etc. That might seem like a lot to handle with all your responsibilities as a contractor, but we can handle all these tasks on your behalf.
Our Local SEO tool: DataPins also helps boost your Business Profile online. The tool sends automated review requests through SMS and email so that reviews pour in more consistently. In addition, DataPins publishes schema pins to your website, which help validate a service area through Google Maps. As a result, you can expect higher Google Maps rankings.