Local leads are the lifeblood of concrete and paving companies. But in 2017, those leads no longer come as much from the Yellow Pages or word of mouth, as they do from search engines like Google. To compete for leads in today’s market, concrete and paving contractors must implement local SEO. Contractor Webmasters offers local SEO services on a pay per lead basis. The services include:
- Local Keyword Research: Using keyword tools to research popular local phrases and words
- Mobile Web Design: Developing mobile-first websites to appeal to local users
- NAP Listing Optimization: Claiming and optimizing business listings on Google My Business and other online directories
- Reputation Management: Monitoring and addressing reviews on websites/apps like Yelp
Local SEO is not about one thing. In fact, MOZ lists a number of considerations in their 2017 local search ranking factors. To make it simple, Google looks for a full picture of your company. By attending to every aspect of local search optimization, you will display the complete profile that search engines look for when determining local rankings. Call 800-775-1250 for concrete and paving local SEO.
NAP Listings for Concrete and Paving Companies
In addition to a well optimized, mobile-first website, contractors should increase visibility through other channels. The best way to build credibility is by affiliating yourself with credible citation sources. Reputable online directories are trusted by consumers when researching a particular company. Some of the directories to claim and optimize a page on, are:
- Angie’s List: A niche directory for residential contractors
- Better Business Bureau: A trust and credibility scout for all industries
- Google My Business: A highly visible and trusted source which influences search results
- HomeAdvisor: A service worker directory for various contractor niches
Just as reputable directories enhance authority for your company, sketchy ones diminish it. At Contractor Webmasters, we audit your citations across the web and determine accuracy, consistency, and credibility. Our goal is to generate the most local leads possible, and understand that building trust is the first step in that process.
Researching Local Keywords for Concrete and Paving Companies
Most keyword tools will give a clear indication of the top keywords in a given industry. Usually this is measured by search volume. But how are local keywords different than national ones? They combine local and industry phrases. For example, concrete and paving near me would be a long tail phrase that can be implemented through local mapping as well as keyword implementation.
Another thing to consider when researching local keywords is buyer intent. A phrase like “how to lay concrete for my driveway” does not indicate buyer intent. Instead it is targeting DIY results like videos and step by step guides. While you can target non buyer intent keywords through other channels like YouTube marketing and blogging, local SEO should focus on attracting customers ready to spend. Call 800-775-1250 for concrete and paving local SEO.