Pressure washing SEO can help you grow your business. Don’t let yourself get caught up in the hype that you don’t need SEO for your pressure washing business. The fact is that all companies can benefit from an effective SEO strategy. And for a pressure washing business that depends on the local market’s patronage, you can’t afford to lose out on what SEO offers.
And for those unfamiliar with SEO and what it can do for your business, allow us to provide a brief explanation. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a digital marketing strategy that helps your website and various online listings to rank higher on Google and Bing searches. For example, if you are on Google and want to find a nice Italian restaurant in your area, you might search a phrase like “Italian restaurants near me.”
You will likely get thousands of results, but you are also likely to only look at the results on the first and maybe the second page of search results. The restaurants that show up at the top of the first page are examples of businesses with good SEO. You want to be as near to the top of the first page of search engine results as possible because that is the prime real estate.
It’s all about making your business more visible, and your business becomes significantly less visible if you are not ranked high. Search results that aren’t the top 3 results get clicked on just about 25% of the time, while the top 3 results hoard 75% of all SERP clicks. And the more clicks you get on your pressure washing business website, the more chance you can convert customers.
But how do you get to the top of the rankings? The answer is pressure washing SEO. SEO is still the most effective and sustainable method of ranking higher in Google and Bing searches.
And now that we have the basics covered let’s get into the details of how you can take your pressure washing business to the next level using SEO tactics.
Get your Pressure Washing Website in Order
One of your most valuable tools when it comes to pressure washing SEO is your website. Your website should be a magnet for search engine web crawlers, and there are various ways of making that happen.
- Images: Search engines love photos because consumers love pictures. They help search engines categorize and understand the content on your website better. Plus, they help get your website indexed on image searches. But they have to be high definition, quality shots that say something relevant about your business—considering posting images of past pressure washing jobs, before and after pics, and pictures of your crew and staff.
- Enhancing Security: Getting an SSL certificate can also boost your website’s ranking. An SSL certificate signals to search engines and visitors that any information exchanged on your website will be secure. Learn more about obtaining an SSL certificate.
- Enhance Speed: The concept behind this one is pretty simple: people will leave your website if it takes too long to load. Search engines may also omit your website from search pages if they perceive it to be too slow. If your website takes more than 5 seconds to load, it’s too slow. But you can try to compress your images, getting faster speeds from your web host and eliminating non-essential plug-ins to speed things up.
Pay Attention To Off-Site SEO
Optimizing the content of your website is very important. And once you have your pressure washing business’s website in order, it’s time to look to other corners of the internet. The purpose of off-site SEO is to lead people to your business website from outside sources. Here are a few examples of the off-site SEO strategies that you need to implement:
- Google My Business: Claiming your business on Google My Business can help you earn more customers because, according to a Bright Local study, 64% of online consumers use GMB to find businesses in their area. Make sure you claim your business on GMB. Also, fill out your profile as completely as possible, add high-quality images and make sure all of your information (street address, hours of operation, contact info, business name areas served, etc.) is correct.
- Review Websites: Next up are review websites like Angie’s List, Yelp, and Houzz. Search engines also care about how your business is perceived by consumers, so having plenty of reviews to refer to from multiple corners of the internet helps.
- External Linking: Having links to your website on other websites is also very important in search engine ranking criteria and can help consumers find out about your business on their own. You can start acquiring external links by asking for them. Ask your local chamber of commerce or local business associations. Comment on industry blogs and request to insert your link in your responses. Start your blog and insert links to your pages in the content.
Manage Reputation and Local SEO
Most pressure washing companies wish to rank locally within a defined service area. That area may span wide or narrow depending on your target consumer. Ranking in multiple cities can be difficult, and establishing a reputation throughout a widespread geo-map is even more challenging. Luckily, a software called BrandREVU does all of it automatically.
With BrandREVU software, your mobile app performs geo-specific check-ins of each job, which get published directly to your most relevant webpage. It also sends automated review requests to the satisfied customer. Now you’re dominating your local service area without much effort. Each Contractor Webmasters client gets BrandREVU as part of their SEO package.
Utilize Content Marketing
Helpful, engaging, or informative content will go a long way in getting your website noticed by search engines. You can leverage your knowledge of pressure washing, it’s benefits, and techniques in a blog to entice or inform potential customers. Creating video content for Facebook Stories is another way to engage your local market and make them aware of your business.
Posting helpful “how-to” videos on YouTube under your official business account is another suitable content marketing method.
YouTube’s content is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to pressure washing SEO. SEO for pressure washing companies is a multi-faceted approach to digital marketing, and here at Contractor Webmasters, we can help you traverse the SEO terrain and avoid some common pitfalls. Please find out how we can get your pressure washing business noticed by more customers today.